Saturday, November 23

Contemporary Stained Glass Angels + Advent App


A host of Angels for The Stained Glass Museum Shop.  Last year I made them in a range of pastel colours, this year they're dressed in sparkly Jack Frost white.

Can I confess that I used to rather dislike this type of glass - but look how pretty it is on a wintery infant-school-nativity angel!

✳ ✶ ❉ ❊ ❄ ✺ ✻ ✸ ✳ ❋ ❆ ✳




I was very happy to see that Binny Talib has designed another beautiful Advent Calendar app.  Me and the kids loved last years (it was still being played with well into October!) so we can't wait for next Sunday to open the first door.  The illustrations are sweetly charming, and combined with jaunty barbershop quartet music and wonderfully inventive activities each day, I hope this will become a very modern Christmas tradition.  You can download it here.

P.S.  If you follow me on Instagram or Twitter, you will have seen me get a bit emosh and excitable about our cat Dodger, who had been missing for 6 weeks, being rescued from a narrow gap in between two buildings by an estate agent.  Very skinny and weak (the cat, not the estate agent), but alive, and now back home with us.  He is very happy to be back.  So are we.


7 comments:

  1. Thanks Flora, so glad you enjoyed last years! Your angels are divine XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Binny! Great to see how well the app is doing :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Flora....I am so gutted I cannot seem to download the advent app...hope you guys are good and the cat is still happy to be back home! love the angels!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's odd, sorry to hear that - not sure whether you have apple or android, but maybe it's only available on apple? xxx

      Delete
    2. Hi June, If you email me your phone/tablet model to binny@binny.com.au I might be able to help with the APP Cheers Binny (the app maker!)

      Delete
  3. I just received my gorgeous angel today - She is even more beautiful than her picture. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete